Great Advice to Prevent Virus Infections
Stop Using Microsoft Internet Explorer!
Firefox is the best browser out there right now. It is least susceptible to virus'. Download Firefox from here:
There are many good plug-in's for Firefox. Here is a list and download page:
I recommend to all my customers the following:
- Use Firefox and keep it updated when prompted to update
- Install only the Firefox plug-ins that you need. There are some great Privacy and Security plug-ins on the Firefox site. Uninstall any Firefox plug-ins you don't use.
- NEVER install the Yahoo or Google toolbar
- NEVER download and use FREE anti-virus and malware tools. Most are hostile applications that hijack your system.
- Avoid installing MS Instant Messenger. Unless you really use this, this is a huge vulnerability and a magnet for bad infections
- Buy one, and run only one, reputable virus scanner. My preference is Symantec Anti-Virus (for Windows) and ClamAV & Spamassassin (for Linux)
Doing this will reduce your risk significantly and your system will run at its best.